maa vaishno devi
Maa Vaishno Devi is a famous Indian Goddess having a temple near Katra, J&K. It is on a mountain and a climb of about 14km has to be undertaken to reach it. Following are the options to reach Maa Vaishno Devi temple from Katra.
1. Katra to Ardh Kuari - 6 KM.
2. Ardh Kuari to Maa Vaishno Devi Bhawan - 6 KM
3. Katra to Maa Vaishno Devi Bhawan directly - 14 KM
4. Maa Vaishno Devi Bhawan to Bhairo Baba temple - 2 KM
5. On the way back - Similar are the options on the way back. However, on the way back, you can go directly from the Bhairo Baba temple to Ardh Kuari. You don't need to come back via Bhawan.
The Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (http://www.maavaishnodevi.org) which manages the temple has its website with extra details.
The best season to visit vaishno devi is during October-March as you can visit the original cave of Mata vaishno devi and accommodation is very cheap also at that time.