Arunachal Pradesh


Indian tourists require ILP Inner Line Permit, which can be acquired from any of the AP Houses situated in New Delhi, Kolkata and Guwahati. The ILP is provided for each of the sectors 1. Bomdila, Dirang, Tawang; 2. Itanagar, Ziro; 3. Namdapha, Changlang. One can get the ILP for any one of the above sectors.

Foreign tourists require a Restricted Area Permit which CANNOT be acquired at AP House in Guwahati. It can be acquired in New Delhi or Kolkata. In Guwahati travel agents can arrange this permit for private groups of 2 or more people. Rhino Travels charges $75 per person to do so. Current as of May 2014

Restricted Area Permits will be required to be presented at official checkpoints and at every hotel/lodge. You will be required to leave a physical copy of the permit with each official so be sure to take plenty of copies with you.

ILP and RAP can be obtained from Naharlagun railway station on arrival by train.Charges for domestic tourist is 400 INR and for foreigners its 3200 INR.