Marshall Islands

Everyone is required to possess a valid passport. Visas are not required for citizens of countries in the Pacific Islands Forum, the United States, European Union, Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau. Everyone else will require a visa. Visas cost $25 for a tourist visa that lasts 3 months. Business visas cost $50. Visas last 30 stays on the onset, but can be extended for up to 90 days once you are in the Marshall Islands. You must show that you can pay for your entire time in the Marshall Islands and that you can pay for your way to leave, or demonstrate that you've already purchased what you need to leave the islands. When you leave the islands, you must pay a $20 tax. If you are over 60 years old, you will be exempt from this.

If you come from a country infected with cholera, you must present an immunization certificate. You must get an HIV test if you plan to work or live in the Marshall Islands, or if you will be staying for more than 30 days.

By plane
By plane

Air Marshall Islands CW provides regular scheduled internal flights to 10 of the atolls in the Marshall Islands and has planes available for charter. Flights are available between Honolulu and the Marshall Islands and to Fiji via Kiribati and Tuvalu. United Airlines stops in Majuro and Kwajalein on its island-hopper service between Guam and Honolulu.United also offers weekly flights to and from Guam and Honolulu.

Approximate flight times: From New York to Majuro is 14 hours; from Tokyo it is 11, from Guam it is eight hours to Majuro and five hours from Honolulu.

International airports: Majuro International Airport MAJ. There are taxis and hotel transport from the airport to the town.

Currently only United Airlines operates any aircraft onto and off Majuro. Air Marshall and other smaller carriers have been grounded for financial and safety concerns.